There are many causes for shoulder blade pain, including activities that make the muscles in the chest tight. When that happens, the muscles in the back lengthen as a result.
Either way, neuromuscular massage can relieve the pain by allowing the muscles to regain their natural posture.
1. Sleeping on the same side every night.
2. Carrying a heavy bag on one shoulder or the other.
3. Sitting at the computer with your arms outstretched can tighten the muscles in the chest.
4. Holding a small child with the same arm, or resting on the same hip.
5. Overworking your pecs at the gym.
If you have been doing any of these repetitive activities and are feeling pain around your shoulder blade, schedule an appointment.